Re: Converting Flac to MP3

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 01:16:19PM +0100, Gav wrote:
> Does anybody know of a program that will convert Flac files to MP3.
> Preferably taking all the tag information from the flac file and setting it
> in the MP3 file. I converted my CD collection to Flac a while back but could
> now do with MP3's too. :o|

I've read that foobar2000 can run under Wine: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=54933

foobar2000 is one of the few reasons I keep an XP box running at home; with 10,000+ songs I just don't want to mess with something I spent lots of time customizing to get working just like I want.  It's a phenomenal program and can handle basically any codec on the planet; if you haven't given a go at it before, it's worth a look.  I don't know if anything in Linux is quite to the point where foobar2000 is yet, since there is so much discussion about getting it to run under Wine.  I'm sure someone will let me know if there is.  :)

Mark