Re: GUI Digital Camera Application

On 2009-08-26 19:40, Mark wrote:
I do the same as Kevin but was curious, can you create directories
according to date picture was taken, and have the picture files copied
automatically into the appropriate folders?  I'm not a coder so it
might be something basic but please share if there is a way (using
mkdir in combination with cp possibly?)

jhead is what I use to rename pics in the 100_0001.JPG naming scheme so common in cameras to YYYYMMDD-HHMMSS format

jhead -n%Y%m%d-%H%M%S *.JPG

Other packages that might help you build a similar tool are exif, exifprobe, exiftags, exiftran, exiv2, metacam, pyrenamer and EXIF language bindings for Python, Ruby and Perl.