Re: problem installing Lenny

In <[🔎] 1251279376.9809.16.camel@dell-desktop.home>, Bernard wrote:
>In any case, the Lenny install that I now get, shows defaults.
>mdadm monitoring keeps sending mails at each boot :
>
>'A degradated event has been detected on md device /dev/md0
>P.S. The /proc/mdstat file currently contains the following :
>
>Personalities: [raid 1]
>
>md1: active raid 1 sda2[0] sdb2[1]
>67874550 blocks [2/2] [UU]
>
>md0: active raid 1 sda1[0]
>497856 blocks [2/1] [U_]
>
>unused devices : none
>'

Yeah, that's got nothing to do with your Lenny install, most likely.

First run 'mdadm -D /dev/md0', confirm that this raid1 is broken -- no
redundancy; your data is at risk.

Next run 'mdadm -E /dev/sda1' and 'mdadm -E /dev/sdb1', confirm that /dev/sdb1
is part of the same raid set -- differences only in 'Update Time', 'Checksum',
'Events', 'Array Slot', and 'Array State'.

Finally run 'mdadm --add /dev/md0 /dev/sdb1' to start the rebuild.  I hope
your disk hasn't failed.