Re: Web server on Debian ARM

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 14:06, Michael
Kurecka<michael.kurecka@williams-pyro.com> wrote:
> I've tried getting Apache and Tomcat to work on my board. The board is a
> Compulab CM-X270 with debian version 2.6.24 run on a 32 bit ARM processor.
> What types of web servers can I put on this thing? It came with THTTPD but
> that seems to only work with CGI and I was hoping to develop with JSPs or if
> need be PHP.

You can compile from source, no? I do it with nginx[1] (for amd64),
fairily straightforward. Searching[2] the repos for httpd on ARM
yelded many results. Nginx supports CGI through FastCGI, so you can
use PHP. I don't know about JSP, maybe there's a module.

HTH

[1] http://nginx.net http://wiki.nginx.org/Main
[2] http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_packages

--
()  ascii-rubanda kampajno - kontraŭ html-a retpoŝto
/\  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail