Re: Confused about lenny, KDE4 and debian-multimedia.org

On 2009-08-24 22:34, Steve wrote:
Hello,

I'm running lenny (kde3) using several of Christian Marillat's multimedia packages. Installing k9copy fails due to unmet lib dependencies. They appear to be kde4 libs yet are clearly in the stable branch. I'm use to waiting on sid repos to stabilize but this is a new one on me.

Specific error messages?

I also can't install mplayer due to unavailable packages but why they're missing isn't as obvious. It may also be kde4 related, I don't know.

Specific error messages?

Is anyone else seeing these problems? I've got KDE4 running on my sid box and I don't think its ready for my desktop yet. But I'd still like k9copy and mplayer. You know, like etch had. I guess upstream is moving to kde4 but why does that affect stable?

Getting ready to bfs,
steve

--
Obsession with "preserving cultural heritage" is a racist impediment
to moral, physical and intellectual progress.