Re: How could I change the limit of defined keyboard variants ?

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 19:40:44 +0200
Sever P A <gnu.sever@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> gnome-keyboard-properties allows to define up to 4 keyboard variants...
>
> My question is:
>
> Is it possible to change this limit ?

I believe that this is a hard-coded limit of X itself, not Gnome:

"You can use multi-layouts xkb configuration. What does it mean?
Basically it allows to load up to four different keyboard layouts at a
time. Each such layout would reside in its own group. The groups
(unlike complete keyboard remapping) can be switched very fast from one
to another by a combination of keys."

http://www.x.org/archive/X11R7.0/doc/html/XKB-Config2.html#2

This is old, but AFAIK, still current.

Celejar