RE: should a "normal* system have multiple library versions?

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009, Kevin Ross wrote:

> [...]

  ah, that will be immensely useful, thanks.  on my amd64 lenny
system, running that gives me only "libc6-i386".  curious.  since this
is a 64-bit install, and nothing installed appears to depend on that
32-bit library, is there a reason it was installed in the first place?

rday