gpgv

I've pulled everything I can off the web server that was hacked.  All
the data resides on a removable drive.

I've just reinstalled a very basic system onto that machine, Debian
Lenny, and will begin adding firewall, server software, etc.
However, I'm getting an error from aptitude.

GPG error: http://security.debian.org testing/updates Release:
Unknown error executing gpgv

I've run apt-get update as the error suggests and get the same error
using apt-get.

I've installed debian-archive-keyring.

I've installed ntp so the machine's time is correct.

Does anyone know what's going on, and how to fix it?

--
Raquel
And indeed people sometimes speak of man's "bestial" cruelty, but

  --Ivan Karamazov