RE: "Mounting /root/dev on /dev/.static/dev failed: No such file or directory."

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009, Kevin Ross wrote:

> [...]

  no, a 2.6.26 kernel is sufficient.  the subject was how to get a
bootable *etch* system.

> The upgrade path from Etch to Lenny requires one to update the
> kernel first, from 2.4 to 2.6, and the 2.6 series kernel in Etch is
> 2.6.18.  I don't know if that is the OP's plan or not, but it makes
> sense.

  as i discovered earlier, there is a fatal bug in the 2.6.18 and even
the 2.6.24 kernel regarding megaraid controllers.  pulling in a lenny
2.6.26 kernel solved everything.  so, at this point, i have a fully
upgraded etch system, and monday's project will be to finish it off by
moving it up to lenny.

rday