hp p800 array 64bit from 32bit grub errors

I recently had a server running Debian 32bit being the latest version 4. The server had the alternate kernel to get more memory recognized. I decided it was time to upgrade to the debian with 64bit 5.01. It now is having problems running grub, at first it was giving me the grub error 2 which if i am correct means it cannot find the disk to boot. I then tried the 5.02a version which is the latest and i now get Grub Grub print out. I have tried to go into the console via the recovery mode and it gives a invalid partition table. So now I tried to just reinstall the 32bit back on and does not work. Does anyone else have problems like this? is it the array card that is not supported? It does not make any sense that it was working on 32bit and now wont work at all. Thanks for any help and responses.

-Scott