need advice on scsi disk failure

I bought a scsi 50G disk a few years ago
The seller said it had been used on server for a long time
The scsi card used to warn that the disk will fail soon during boot
Then I change SCSI card firmware, the warning disappear
>From 5 days ago, the card often can't find disk during boot
It's no surprise because the light on scsi disk isn't on
I reconnect the power cable to scsi disk again and again
and then with some luck the disk works normally.
It seems that the power connection becomes loose
but I am afraid the disk is failing
My question is "Is that symptoms of scsi disk failure?"