Re: how to migrate request-tracker database from sqlite3 to mysql

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:

> In <[🔎] h6l9af$4pe$1@ger.gmane.org>, Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
>
>>Yeah, somehow SQL does not seem to be really "S"tandard :-)
>
> The "S" in SQL stands/stood for "Structured".  However, SQL has been
> standardized about 3 times, roughly the same number of times UNIX has been
> standardized.  However, like UNIX, each implementation has many, many
> extensions that the uninformed or undisciplined commonly use.  Also like
> UNIX, in places where the standard has undefined or implementation-defined
> behavior each implementation generally has consistent and predictable
> behavior that even disciplined, experienced users may end up expecting
> from an alternative implementation.
>
> In short, most SQL you will find is not strictly-conforming, just like
> most shell scripts and C/C++ programs.
hehe, I was thinking (because reading about standardization of SQL) it
stands for standard.
Thanks for pointing out.

I know there are non-free import/export tools if in hurry and it's
important, may be it's worth paying.

I've been playing with import/export sqlite - mysql/oracle.
Exporting only simple sql structure works (no indices and funktions).

regards