Re: not possible to configure the scan-to-folder button on debian

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 09:09:31AM +0200, Benoit durand wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm working on debian lenny amd64. i don't know how to configure my printer
> hp2840 to Sanner documents directly from the machine to scan-to-folder
> button.

so far as I know, there is no support for using the "scan" button on
the scanner itself, but honestly I've never tried.

https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/35378

suggests it is not implemented.

> printing works correctly from debian, but not Sanner.
> I suppose I must install xsane. If you have already encountered this
> problem, thank you for your help.

yes, install either sane or xsane. Add yourself to the "scanner" group
and it should work.