Re: how to migrate request-tracker database from sqlite3 to mysql

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:17:03PM +0200, Jesús M. Navarro wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 August 2009 02:37:37 Martin Kraus wrote:
> > hi. I'm trying to migrate request-tracker3.6 database from sqlite to mysql
> > on lenny.  Is there a way to export data from sqlite so they can be
> > imported into mysql for request-tracker3.6?
> >
> > rt-dump-database doesn't export sqlite database and sqlite and mysql
> > databases for rt are not compatible even if I dump sqlite database into sql
> > and modify the file it can be imported into mysql.
>
> Did you already do your homework?
>
> Google: "request tracker" migration from sqlite to mysql ->
> http://pkg-request-tracker.alioth.debian.org/3.6-databases/

Yes I did. It describes how to change database backend, bud rt-dump-database
doesn't dump ticket data from sqlite so it can't be imported into mysql. If I
do it by hand by dumping sql syntax from sqlite and (after tons of
modifications) import it into mysql, rt can see the tickets, search and stuff,
but can't add tickets, there are problems with user logins etc.

mk