Re: OT: TV Tuner

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Thomas H. George<lists@tomgeorge.info> wrote:
> I recently emeraged from the dark ages and purchased a 23" LCD monitor.
> Now I am wondering about purchasing a TV tuner and connecting the cable
> box (Comcast) to the pc rather than replacing my 15 year old analog tv
> set.  Nothing larger than a 27" LCD TV will fit in the solid cherry tv
> cabinet, hardly large than the monitor.
>
> Any comments?

It's a funny coincidence that you ask because I'm in the process of
trying to something like that up . . . on my freeBSD machine, though,

But, while digging around I found mythtv.org and this, in particular,
may be of help to you:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Operating_system#Debian_GNU.2FLinux

Good luck!