Re: why can't I delete a file? tipps help

Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> could be a process is using it
> # lsof | grep somefile
>
> and kill that process first

he said that he can't delete it even from a live cd. It can't be a process.

About the lack of details, I have to say that it is a unique phaenomenon
that happens when computer-related problems arise to people who don't
know much: they just freeze, like the rabbit before the car lights. When
normally no-one would ever think to go to a doctor and say "I have a
pain. What's wrong?", many people find it logical to say 'I can't delete
a file. What's the problem?' ...

So, my friend, tip us with details, before we can tip you with solutions...