Re: contacts via LDAP

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 06:05:44PM +0200, pch0317 wrote:
> Hi
> In which e-mail client it is possible that import contacts via LDAP. For
> example from Active Directory or eDirectory or from OpenLDAP.

This is where apt-cache comes in handy:

apt-cache search ldap mail | wc -l
36

root@box:~# apt-cache show lbdb | grep ldap
Suggests: mutt | mutt-ja, procmail, finger, abook, libpalm-perl,
libnet-ldap-perl
  - m_ldap (query some LDAP server)

man lbdbq
[…]
m_ldap This module queries an LDAP server using the Net::LDAP(3pm) Perl
modules from  CPAN.   It  can  be  configured using  an  external
resource file /etc/lbdb_ldap.rc You can explicity define a LDAP query in
this file or you can use one or more of the predefined queries from the
%ldap_server_db in this file.  For  this  you  have  to define a space
separated list of nicknames from entries in the variable LDAP_NICKS.

And a bug!

---
       Finally, to use lbdbq from mutt, add the following line to your
       $HOME/.muttrc:
                  set query_command="lbdbq ’%s’"
---

The command should be: set query_command="lbdbq %s"
which is correct in /usr/share/doc/lbdb/README.gz

--
Chris.
======