Inquiry: run fsck in single user mode

Dear All
I have an Linux server that gets problemy from sudden power cut . I need to run fsck in single user mode so I issued "#init 1" on the server . At the server prompt , to serialize the fsck on the intended file system , I first tried to unmount the intended file system and then issue the fsck (as the following) :
#umount /dev/hda2
#fsck -s -a /dev/hda2
But the server returned "Device Busy" . So I checked its status under "fuser -u /dev/hda2" but no process recorded for it . Can you please do me favor and let me know how can I force it as unmount to be able to try for safe fsck on it ?
Your reply is very welcome
Regards
H.Motamedi