Re: Laptop dv6650br is getting so warm

Dne, 16. 08. 2009 22:42:34 je Klistvud napisal(a):
> Dne, 16. 08. 2009 19:02:26 je Brian Marshall napisal(a):

> > flashplayer-mozilla.
> > >
> > > dpkg -S npviewer.bin yields:
> > >
> > > nspluginwrapper: /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer.bin
> >
> > I'm not sure why you have nspluginwrapper installed. Neither swfdec
> > nor
> > flashplugin-nonfree (Adobe's flash) depend on it on amd64.
> >
> > --
> > Brian
> >

> Just for the heck of it, I tried to uninstall the swfdec packages,
> and
>
> Synaptic promptly warned me it would have to uninstall gnome as well.
> So, for me, that was a no-go. Then, I uninstalled flashplayer-
> mozilla,
>
> and immediately some www.miniclip.com games stopped working (8-Ball
> Pool, to name one). I strongly suspect Miniclip games must have been
> the reason I
> installed it in the first place -- I have two kids who just *have* to
> play Miniclip, as any parent will know ;)
>
> Unfortunately, CPU-hogging is the price I must pay for that ... God,
> how I *love* all that redundant proprietary software infesting the
> Web!!!
>
> --
> Certifiable Loonix User 481801
>

> --

Well, what do you know... Following the above suggestions, I
uninstalled flashplayer-mozilla, and since Miniclip stopped working, I
googled a bit and found the "Debian" way of installing Flash Player --
namely, through backports, as opposed to installing it directly from
the Adobe website. And now I've got my Miniclip working smoothly again
-- only this time, there's no npviewer.bin to hog my CPU!!

Thanx, Ron and Brian, for the suggestions that got me thinking in the
right direction!

--
Certifiable Loonix User 481801