Re: Laptop dv6650br is getting so warm

On 2009-08-16 11:35, Klistvud wrote:
On 2009-08-16 03:20, Klistvud wrote:
[snip]
If it's of any help, according to Synaptic, these are the Flash-related packages I have installed:

flashplayer-mozilla
libswfdec-0.6-90
swfdec-gnome
swfdec-mozilla
BTW, I'd either remove the swfdec packages, or flashplayer-mozilla.

dpkg -S npviewer.bin yields:

nspluginwrapper: /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer.bin

Ah, you're running x86_64...

What exactly do you mean by "I'd either remove the swfdec packages, or flashplayer-mozilla"? Could you kindly elaborate on that? Do you think they might be in some sort of conflict or what?

Yes.  Two libraries trying to accomplish the same task.

What would be achieved by removing them?

Since your arch is amd64, I'd remove flashplayer-mozilla and see if swfdec is up to the task of viewing the Flash you need to see.

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer