Van: Alex Samad [mailto:alex@samad.com.au]
Verzonden: zondag 16 augustus 2009 8:38
Aan: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Onderwerp: Re: HP DL180 G6 with Debian Lenny

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 09:42:56PM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> [ Please try to turn off the HTML part. ]
>
> On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 15:14:29 +0200, Richard Pijnenburg wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm trying to install Debian Lenny on a HP DL180 G6 server.
> >
> > This server seems to have an Intel network card which needs the
> > e1000 driver.
> >
> > But for some reason it's not recognized because using the
> > netinstaller it asks what kind of network card is in the server.

This might be a broadcom network card (usually used in HP DL), some time
around 2.6.28 ( i think) the firmware got removed from the install this
could be your problem

not sure if the below install help with that :)

--
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop
thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do

	- George W. Bush
08/05/2004
Washington, DC