Re: Sound isnt working properly

Well, maybe my mail wasn't that clear. I *replaced* a mainboard which was in there for about 3 years with working sound :) So yes, I was in the group and have re-logged, about thoundsands of times :)

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 20:27:17 +0200, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

On 2009-08-14 12:58, Gregor Galwas wrote:
[snip]
 mcgreg@pegasos:~/git/drm$ aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Noise.wav
ALSA lib pcm_direct.c:1605:(snd1_pcm_direct_parse_open_conf) The field
ipc_gid must be a valid group (create group audio)
aplay: main:608: audio open error: Invalid argument

The error messages seem to be telling you how to solve the error.

So, unless I stupidly glossed over something in your email: have you added "mcgreg" to group "audio" and then re-logged in?