Re: executing commands from pop/imap messages on local linux machine and then sending the results back to the requestor?

In regards to the grunt program is it possible to modify the command line arguments to exclude the extra encryption upon request and extend this to gmail?

I do know that it looks good (like 99%) good for what I want that would be the thing.

I'm trying to look for something that will work from a mobile phone to execute the commands and with something on a j2me based platform that will exclude easy public key cryptography and the access to having a python interpreter on the mobile as well would be an issue.

I guess I'm looking for a way to take care of the read, off gmail, the receive based on unencrypted (ignored) input and then the return logging to the address (this could easily be ran from a cron job by the looks of it).

I'm close I can feel it.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Steve Kemp <skx@debian.org> wrote:
On Thu Aug 13, 2009 at 09:05:16 -0600, John Haggerty wrote:

>    I was wondering if there is any software package do run commands on the
>    linux machine and then send the results back to the requesting address?

   Take a look at 'grunt', as introduced here:

       http://www.debian-administration.org/article/Executing_commands_upon_remote_machines_via_secure_email

Steve
--
http://www.steve.org.uk/