Re: Problems with making hardlink-based backups

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 09:20:17AM +0200, David wrote:
> Hi list.
[...]
> 3) Existing tools for managing hardlink-based snapshot directories
> etc.

maybe rsnapshot is what you're after. It does hardlinked snapshots
with automagical deletion of older backups and configurable frequency
etc. I quite like it, though I'm not using it for high-volume stuff.

Once little caveat that always seems to get me: the daily won't run
until you've completed enough hourlies, the weekly won't run until
you've completed a week's worth of dailies, etc. Very disconcerting
the first few days of use.