Re: how to start a delayed shutdown over ssh and disconnect immediately?

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 11:05:18PM -0700, David Christensen wrote:
> debian-user:
>
> Is there a way to start a delayed shutdown over SSH and disconnect
> immediately (e.g. non-blocking)?
>

> I've tried:
>
>     ssh user@host sudo shutdown -h +1 &

try sudo shutdown -h +1 \&

the & is being gobbled by the shell you are in not the sudo shell

i usually use sudo poweroff \& ; exit

--
"The true threat is whether or not one of these people decide, peak of anger, try to hold us hostage, ourselves; the Israelis, for example, to whom we'll defend, offer our defenses, the South Koreans."

	- George W. Bush
03/13/2001
Washington, DC