Re: Configuring polkit-gnome-authorization without a root password

louish wrote:
> On 8/9/09, Michael  wrote:
>
> (Sorry for the delayed reply.)
>
>> LH wrote:
>>> What changes do I need to make to my Debian setup that would allow me
>>> to configure Authorizations without an explicit root password. I know
>
> That appears to solve the problem. But how much of a security risk is it to
> work under the "admin" group?

I guess you were refererring to the "adm" group, as there is no "admin" group in
a default debian setup.
It's correct, that the "adm" group has some special privileges in Debian, like
e.g. acess to all log files.

If you are worried about this, create your own group, like localadmins, and use
that in the PolicyKit conf file.

Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?