Re: fetchmail socket error

On Mon August 10 2009, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> try telnet to imap or pop3 port. if that fails to connect, then it's a
> problem on their end, likely.

well, I stopped fetchmail, and created an IMAP account ( in kmail) for my user
that I had in fetchmail. when I clicked on the inbox of the new imap account,
I pulled in 20-30 emails from earlier today... sounds like a fetchmail config
issue, but I didn't add/change anything except to add the users..

here is the beginning of my /etc/fetchmailrc ( everything up to the user
lines):
set daemon        300                # Pool every 5 minutes
set syslog                        # log through syslog facility

set no bouncemail                # avoid loss on 4xx errors
                                # on the other hand, 5xx errors get
                                # more dangerous...

# Set antispam to -1, since it is far safer to use that together with
# no bouncemail
defaults:
timeout 300
antispam -1