Re: fetchmail socket error

On Mon August 10 2009, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> > Aug 10 16:31:47 paulandcilla fetchmail[16965]: timeout after 300 seconds
> > waiting to connect to server email_host.com.
>
> Either your internet / network connection is down or the server doesn't
> reply for some reason.

I never lose my internet connection. When I go to mail domain host, and try
webmail, I see that there are emails there, yet my debian box gives me this
error and doesn't get my emails.
I understand webmail and pop3 are different services, I cannot answer about
the server.. it does reply, as I can get webmail.
do I need to try to telnet to it?

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800