Re: lzma Vs lzip ?

Le dimanche 09 août 2009 23:09:20, owens@netptc.net a écrit :
> [...]

Do you suggest that lzma is not based on Lempel-Ziv algorithm ?

Indeed I looked in the man and found this :

LZMA (Lempel-Ziv-Markov chain-Algorithm) is an improved version of famous LZ77
compression algorithm. It was improved in way of maximum increasing of
compression ratio, keeping high decompression speed and low memory
requirements for decompressing.

But they can still claimed to be based on the original Lempel-Ziv algorithm.
It has just been improved.

> listmaster@lists.debian.org

Thanks for the answer.

Thomas Preud'homme