Re: using mplayer instead of flash plugin for Iceweasel

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 09:20:57PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 2009-07-28 21:12, Rob Owens wrote:
>> I've replaced the Iceweasel flash plugin on some of my systems with mplayer
>> by using the Greasemonkey extension with the following script:
>>
>> http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/24999
>>
>> It works nicely, uses less CPU, and sound works on my LTSP thin clients (a
>> big plus).
>>
>> Can anybody suggest how to make this a default for all users?  I'm not sure
>> how to handle it since the extension and the script get installed in the
>> user's $HOME directory by default.
>
> I'm just guessing, but because Unix loves text files, it might be as
> simple as:
>
> $ sudo cp blah ~some_other_user/.some_directory
> $ sudo chown -R ~some_other_user/.some_directory

It's slightly trickier than that, because the mozilla apps create a
random profile directory for each user.  Mine looks like this:
2mcnlajk.default

That makes it tricky to cp to all users at once, and makes it damn hard
to include in /etc/skel.  I'll keep working on it though...

-Rob