Re: Lenny does not recognise blank CD; Etch does.
- To: Javier Barroso <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Frank Lin PIAT <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Lenny does not recognise blank CD; Etch does.
- From: Bruce Ward <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 19:24:06 +1200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 4A753F16.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <4A3C9C1F.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Javier Barroso wrote:
No solution. I have come to the conclusion that it is probably a kernel
issue because the kernel never shows that it recognises there is a blank
disc in that drive under Lenny. I have a bit of testing to do which
hasn't been done because I have been away for a little while.
On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 7:34 AM, Bruce Ward<email@example.com> wrote:
On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 07:35 +0200, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 16:49 +1200, Bruce Ward wrote:
On Sun, 2009-06-21 at 12:18 +0200, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
On Sun, 2009-06-21 at 21:35 +1200, Bruce Ward wrote:
On Sat, 2009-06-20 at 16:35 +0200, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
On Sat, 2009-06-20 at 20:21 +1200, Bruce Ward wrote:
I have a machine with a dvd writer (/dev/hdc) and a cd writer
under Lenny, the CD writer will not recognise a blank CD. Nothing. The
DVD writer will recognise one.
Humm... you might want to check how HAL detects that devices. There are
some GUIs, but you can send a report with:
hal-find-by-capability --capability storage.cdrom | xargs hal-device
I reported a bug  against hal package, I'm not sure, but my dvd are
not recognized anymore, like in this thread ( I referenced it in the
I'm using sid, with DVD+-RW GSA-H53L unit.
Bruce, did you find any solution to this issue ?
Bruce Ward, Nelson, New Zealand