Re: ext4 stable enough to entrust it with data?

On 01.07.09 21:59, lee wrote:
> Well, I could live with that. But I just went with ext4 for the new
> disks and made a new FS on /tmp to "convert" it to ext4. At some time
> I might convert /var to ext4.

Unless I needed a really big /tmp, I've been using /tmp on tmpfs for years
(mfs on FreeBSD, tmpfs on solaris, and ramdisk on linux before tmpfs became
available). It was much faster than anything else... no disk i/o involved if
I had enough of memory, and I added the disk space as swap if I needed a bit
more space.

Try tmpfs on /tmp if you don't work with huge files in /tmp.

Due to unexpected conditions Windows 2000 will be released
in first quarter of year 1901