Re: menu.lst problem

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 14:18 +0800, Timothy Wu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems to me that every time I do some upgrade via apt-get, maybe it's
> kernel upgrades, my menu.lst entries changes from /dev/sda1 to /dev/hda1. As
> a result, the system don't find the disk. It occurs to me like three times
> already. Why does it keep on getting changed incorrectly?

I never experienced such behaviour. menu.lst should be touched only on
kernel and grub upgrades.  Do you have logs of the upgrades in
question?  If you have, look at them and come back with these in case
you couldn't solve it on your own.

> Is there anyway to fix this at the time of the upgrade? Because I
> don't think I been shown an option to keep my menu.lst or anything
> like that.

Sure there is but we have to know what's really happening, the info
you provide isn't sufficient.

> It may be worthy to note that I'm running on the testing branch.

If it's incorrect behaviour, report a bug.

Regs
 Siggy
--
Please don't Cc: me when replying, I might not see either copy.
               bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de