Re: How to install Java in Lenny?

j j wrote:
sun-java6-bin
http://packages.debian.org/sid/sun-java6-bin

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 5:13 PM, Edward C. Jones <edcjones@comcast.net> wrote:
I have a PC with an AMD chip using Lenny (stable), amd64 port.

When I try to run the weather bureau radar loop:

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=lwx&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

I get an error message: "Java is necessary for radar looping and is best optimized using Java version 1.4.2 or higher." What packages should I install so I can use Java?

Actually, on the strength of some advice I received previously on this issue, I'd recommend that you try sun-java5-bin rather than *6*.  Only because *5* seems to be more stable and plays more "nicely" with a wider range of apps that require Java.

Just my $0.02 worth.

AG