Re: rsync problem [thanks to all]

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009, Ron Johnson wrote:

Two points:

1. Always do it the "right way", even though you *assume* you
  know the wrong way "should" work, and

2. parsers treat extraneous spaces in all sorts of nasty and
  unexpected ways.

I'm finding that out. I guarantee the lesson will be retained. As I said, I assumed (<= got that?) the space was in the Ubuntu script I copied. When I changed the target directory I must have inadvertantly introduced the space.

Thanks to all that responded.

--
Bob Holtzman
AF9D 8760 0CFA F95A 6C77  E125 BF90 580F 8D54 9279