Re: connecting cable modem through usb port

From: Sandip Sandip <new.debianuser@yahoo.in>
To: Sudev Barar <sbarar@gmail.com>
Cc: "User, Debian" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 9 June, 2009 12:52:15 PM
Subject: Re: connecting cable modem through usb port

2009/6/9 Sandip Sandip <new.debianuser@yahoo.in>:

> Is it that the modem is not 'installed'?
>
> Also, the same modem works without any username and password on another
> windows machine after connecting it on the LAN port.

A lot of
suggestions here were to install the LAN card. I have now installed a Realtek 8139 LAN Card. The lights turn on when I start the PC and it is connected to the cable modem.

But still I am not able to access internet. Do I need to 'install'/ configure it? How do I do that?

Thanks in advance,

Sandip

Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local