Re: (EE) Failed to load module "freetype" (module does not exist)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: (EE) Failed to load module "freetype" (module does not exist)
- From: T o n g <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 14:39:38 +0000 (UTC)
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20090726111727.GA22357@pc0197>
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 13:17:27 +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> the "freetype" xorg module is obsolete in Sid on all architectures
> except the unoffical m68k port . . .
> These are the modules that get loaded . . .
FreeType 2 supported rendering ttf and Type 1. I needed it to display
Chinese. Since it is now obsolete, does it mean that the ttf/Type 1/
Chinese rendering are supported natively by xorg out of box?
> As a matter of fact, it should be possible to comment out the entire
> "Modules" section and most of the rest of the configuration file.
Thanks, will do.
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)