re: panasonic printer problem

This is getting interesting now and I have some good news. I hooked the printer up to a real dos box that never had any other operating system on it and used a file manager to print a file. This time, the file came out legible with no garbage. So, I'm thinking printing with this kind of printer using Linux will probably work only using cat filename >/dev/lp0 and not using any of the other printing facilities. I could be wrong about that but don't think so. I'll try later and get some assistance finding out what happened.