Hosting GIT repositories

Ladies, Gents, catsndogs,

I wrote an article how to setup a GIT hosting platform in order to host
and manage GIT repositories securely and with per-repository user
management. In short:

 - gitosis is used (available as official .deb)

 - write access respectively user management is done via SSH keypairs; I
   show how to create a keypair as well for those who do not know or
   simply do not have one yet

 - this is not just about how to setup _one_ GIT repository but how to
   setup and manage a _platform_ that can host _numerous_ GIT
   repositories

 - next to gitosis, git-daemon is used to provide anonymous read-only
   access -- this is good and needed for when folks want to run/test the
   bleeding edge code but do not need write access to some upstream
   repository; I also show how to manage anonymous read access per
   repository via gitosis

Enough talking dude, SHOW ME, ... she said ;-]
http://sunoano.name/ws/public_xhtml/scm.html#provide_a_git_repository_to_the_public

Maybe it is useful for somebody ... we shall see ...