rhythmbox issue

Hello all,

I did an upgrade the other day and now rhythmbox throws an error when it
opens an mp3 (can't find codec?) then WILL eventually play.  Also it
takes quite a while for it to start a new song after the previous is
finished.

All other system sounds, videos, game sounds play just fine.

I'm running squeeze (if I remember correctly) with debian.multimedia in
my sources.

I have an image (Clonezilla rocks!) from a few weeks back, but would
rather figure out the problem and correct it.

(apologies for not posting my 'ps aux'.  I'm away from the laptop.)

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/