Re: Rhythmbox podcasts multiple desktop machines

Girish Kulkarni wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jul 2009, Bob wrote:
Hi, for various reasons I have multiple desktops around the house,
(my main desktop and 2 HTPCs) I don't login to all the machines as
the same user and I subscribe to quite a few podcasts in Rhythmbox.
What I'm trying to achieve is for the subscriptions, downloaded
files and preferably things like the play count to sync up. Can
anyone think of a way to do this? Thanks for any help.

How about using setting up suitable music and podcast directories and
then using Unison to sync these directories and ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox
(which contains the playlists, etc.) across your multiple desktops? I
have used this to some extent and it works.

HTH,
Girish.

Thank you, with that prompt I've figured it out,
First I copy ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml into my Podcast directory
cp /home/bob/.gnome2/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml /home/bob/tmp/Podcasts
then I use rsync to copy the downloaded files up to my NAS box.

on my other desktops I do it in reverse, the only thing is the rhythmdb.xml file stores the location of the file so despite the fact I log into my HTPCs as user the podcast directory is /home/bob/tmp/Podcasts