Re: [SOLVED] new to debian need help with fonts rendering (?)

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 22:46:46 +0000, thirstyh2o wrote:

> font rendering in Ubuntu is way easier on my eyes than in Lenny

SOLVED.

Since I did it long time ago I totally forgotten that I installed under
Ubuntu MS TrueType fonts and configured X to use them.

All I needed in Lenny was to install ttf-mscorefonts-installer package
from repository and then to follow simple instructions in /usr/share/doc/
x-ttcidfont-conf/README.Debian file to configure X.

That's it. My fonts are as shiny as I used to have them under Ubuntu.

So, the issue was not exactly with the fonts rendering but rather with
the fonts themselves. The default fonts are not the best. At least for my
eyes.