Re: Grub2 made my systeum unbootable

Anthony Campbell wrote:
> Rashly, after today's upgrade I followed the exhortation in the grub
> legacy package to move to grub2. I now cannot boot at all; I just get
> the message "Grub" and nothing more.
>
> Looking at /boot/grub with my rescue disk I see all sorts of files I
> don't recognize but no menu.lst.
>
> Is there any way to restore things? Please don't tell me I have to
> reinstall!
>
> Anthony

Hi,

when you end up with the "grub" message, what does it look like ? Is it
a succession of "grub" word or something like a prompt where you can
type something (try "ls" and "set" if you can type something) ?

Most live-cd or installation disks will allow you to "boot from hard
drive" from their menu, maybe you can try that if you have such a disk
at hand.

Tom