Re: How do I setup wireless network

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 8:36 AM, Ogya Chief<ogyachief@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> From: amalgam.swhe@gmail.com
>> Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 12:42:26 +0800
>> Subject: Re: How do I setup wireless network
>> To: ogyachief@hotmail.com
>>
>> lspci -nn
>> and show the results
>> Cheers
>> swhe
>>

>> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Ogya Chief<ogyachief@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> > I have installed Debian 5.02 on my laptop with Broadcom wireless network
>> > card but I do not know how to get this card to work. The installation
>> > did
>> > not detect the card. Any leads will be appreciated.
>> > Regards,
>> > Ogya
>> > ________________________________
>> > With Windows Live, you can organize, edit, and share your photos.
>

> The output of command related to networking is:
>    02:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Marvel Technology Group Ltd. 88E8040
> PCI-E
>    Fast Ethernet Controller [11ab:4354] (rev 13)
>    05:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g
>
>    [14e4:4315] (rev 01)

So, the system does recognise the card. . . yes?

Broadcom cards are infamous, AFAIC, and have been talked about at
length many times. Check mailing list archives and Debian docs. For
example, http://wiki.debian.org/WiFi .

I got my Broadcom card working in Debian. You'll need to have the
correct driver and firmware. It was rather painless for me once I got
the right info.

g'luck!