Re: [NOT SOLVED, BUT PROGRESS] Failure to boot after failed resume from s2something

| On Thursday 16 July 2009 22:33:44 John wrote:
| > On (16/07/09 20:55), Andrew Reid wrote:
|
| > |   I dimly recall setting the resume partition in the initramfs.conf
| > | process somewhere, but can't seem to find documentation about that
| > | now.
| >
| > I've looked at that documentation, without finding anything
| > helpful. /etc/initramfs-tools.conf.d/resume is set to the proper resume
| > partition. I can s2ram successfully from the one working kernel, but
| > of course can't experiment with the others because they won't boot.
|
|   Hmm.  So what happens if you set that to "None", or unset it
| entirely?  I'm still stuck on the idea that bypassing the resume
| process is a useful strategy, but I'm probably out of my depth
| in the configuration-space sea...

I am embarrassed to admit that after days of trying, unsuccessfully,
to back out of the bind, I managed to lose even the one working
kernel. And I desparately needed access to gnucash. So I broke down
and reinstalled.

The one lesson that I learned, very, very firmly, is to pay attention
to the BIG FAT WARNING -- which I had missed --  in
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/power.uswsusp.txt against trying to
resume from a different kernel.

Clearly I was out of my depth in that sea.

--
JohnRChamplin@columbus.rr.com
GPG key 1024D/99421A63 2005-01-05