Re: kernel compile - Unable to mount root fs

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 01:13 -0700, Don Quixote de la Mancha wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 5:39 AM, Soren Orel<soren.orel@gmail.com> wrote:
> > hmmm.. it works, but I have to hit Ctrl+D at every boot... :D
>
> On some of your vmlinux lines in your menu.lst you have the word
> "single".  That boots you into single-user mode, that you exit from by
> hitting Ctrl-D.
>
> Remove just the word "single" and you should be good to go.
>
> Don Quixote

Lucky Don Quixote :), obviously you never have been hitten by fsck not
being able to cope with a broken FS.  In such a situation the machine
automagically boots into single user mode.

Maybe it should be made clearer that you're at your own risk when
hitting C-d.  I'd never do that on a production box or when the
FS contains valuable data.

Siggy
--
Please don't cc: me when replying on the list.
    bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de