Re: Problem with DVD drive mounting

Dirk wrote:
thomas.ferry wrote:
Ive been having problems with my DVD/RW mount each time I insert a disc it causes a hard lock of the drive and i gotta reboot the system. Im using Debian sid with the 2.6.30-bigmem kernel.

If HAL does mount it you could try to rename /etc/init.d/hald to /etc/init.d/hald_ and reboot since /etc/init.d/hald stop wont suffice... after you booted X11 might not work anymore because of the missing HAL so you might have to use the cmdline to mount the DVD manually...

Let us know if that worked or not...

Afterwards you rename /etc/init.d/hald_ back to /etc/init.d/hald and reboot again...

Maybe someone has a better idea how to disable hal... but this is how i would do it...

Dirk

It looks like hal doesnt mount my dvd drive. I tried to rename the file you mentioned and it doesnt exist. I know the drive is good cause I dont use it that often heh.