From: shawn foisy [mailto:foisys@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 11:51 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: connecting lenny to active directory

Hi all,
I am a student intern here and I have been give a task of setting up a
linux server for the office, and am trying to get it set up with active
directory, but I keep getting this error when i try the command

net ads join -W metis -S domaincontroller -U myuser

ERROR:

Failed to join domain: Invalid configuration and configuration
modification was not requested

here are some modified config files

krb5.conf:

[libdefaults]
    default_realm = METIS.ORG

# The following krb5.conf variables are only for MIT Kerberos.
    krb4_config = /etc/krb.conf
    krb4_realms = /etc/krb.realms
    kdc_timesync = 1
    ccache_type = 4
    forwardable = true
    proxiable = true

# The following encryption type specification will be used by MIT
Kerberos
# if uncommented.  In general, the defaults in the MIT Kerberos code are
# correct and overriding these specifications only serves to disable new
# encryption types as they are added, creating interoperability
problems.
#
# Thie only time when you might need to uncomment these lines and change
# the enctypes is if you have local software that will break on ticket
# caches containing ticket encryption types it doesn't know about (such
as
# old versions of Sun Java).

#    default_tgs_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1
#    default_tkt_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1
#    permitted_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1

# The following libdefaults parameters are only for Heimdal Kerberos.
    v4_instance_resolve = false
    v4_name_convert = {
        host = {
            rcmd = host