Re: aptitude problems

On Wed, 2009-07-15 at 10:53 -0400, Charles wrote:

FYI: I use these as by basic lines for /etc/apt/sources.list

# Testing
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze contrib main non-free
deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org/ squeeze main
deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile/ squeeze/volatile main

# deb-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib
non-free
# deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze contrib main
non-free
# deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib
non-free

I have commented out the sources (deb-src) lines because I usually don't
need them. I also noticed a link to ubuntu  which will definitely cause
issues as the dependencies are different. If you want to use compatible
ubuntu files on a debian system, & there are some, I suggest you either
build them yourself from sources or at least put them in a local
directory with the correct dependencies also there & add that to the apt
sources list. This can easily be managed with pinning.
Good Luck!
--
John Foster