Re: aptitude problems

Charles schreef:
On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 07:26:10 -0700
Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> wrote:

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 09:26:32AM -0400, Charles
was heard to say:
I'm running Debian testing --- in Synaptic I have a bunch of
packages which are in the "local or obsolete category". Some have
been locally installed...but most are those I had to re-install
  The local or obsolete category in both aptitude and synaptic
consists of packages that are installed on your system but aren't
available from any of the archives you have listed in
/etc/apt/sources.list.  Usually this is because they were removed
from the archive after you installed them, but it could also come
about if you removed a repository line from sources.list after
installing a package.

   Well that would make sense for some of the packages...but among
the list is linux-image-2.6.29-2-686 which I believe is the current
kernel on testing and the whole openoffice.org series ???
Testing currently runs 2.6.26, so 2.6.29 is a local package (got it from sid?). I think you're also running a sid-version of openoffice.org. Reinstalling (aptitude reinstall openoffice.org) will fetch the current squeeze version for you.

This is my sources list ( which seems awfully short). Is there
something missing for Debian testing ?
Not that I see.

# Security Debian binary archive
deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free

deb ftp://ftp.debian-multimedia.org testing main contrib non-free

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/chromium-daily/ppa/ubuntu intrepid main
deb http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free

Charles